Embrace of the sun

Embrace of the sun by Drops design is the first dress I have ever knit. Simultaneously, it is the largest single piece of knitting I have finished. The dress took me nearly two months to finish, but needless to say, I was occupied by work and courses as well, so I was not knitting each and every day. To me it felt like the dress finished superfast. The pattern is constructed seamlessy top-down, which I very much enjoy! I am not particularly a fan of purling...

I unfortunately had some sizing issues with the dress. I started doing size M for the yoke and top portion, though for waist I altered the pattern to be something between sixes S and M. The hips were however a massive trouble. My original plan was to return to size M, but when I reached that, I quickly realised there was no way I would fit it. So, I sized up and tried the dress on. Eventually, I ended up with size XXL hips and helm. I am not using the suggested yarn of the pattern, but since the top fits me so well, it lefts me wondering how the sizing of the helm was designed?

I used size 3.00 mm needles in various lenghts, and Drops Cotton Light yarn in 05 Light Pink. I absolutely love the color of the yarn. This will be my perfect spring and summer dress. Even though knitting a dress is a big project, I loved it so much that I am planning a darker dress for autumn and winter. Ravelry project here.

Dropsin Embrace the sun on elämäni ensimmäinen neulottu mekko sekä suurin yksittäinen neuletyö, minkä olen ikinä tehnyt. Mekon neulomiseen meni lähes kaksi kuukautta aikaa, mutta luonnollisesti työt ja kurssit vievät myös aikaani enkä ehdi ihan joka päivä neuloa. Minulle jäi kuitenkin sellainen tunne, että mekko edistyi ja valmistui nopeasti. Mekko neulotaan ylhäältä alas ilman saumoja, mikä on yksi mieluisimmista tyyleistä minulle.

Valitettavasti minulla oli melko suuria ongelmia ohjeen koon kanssa. Aloitin tekemään kokoa M, joka istui minulle todella hyvin kaarrokkeesta ja yläosasta. Vyötäröä muokkasin johonkin S:n ja M:n väliin, mutta lantion mitoitus oli omiin mittoihini nähden aivan pielessä. Alkuperäisenä suunnitelmanani oli palata kokoon M, mutta huomasin nopeasti sen olevan aivan liian pieni. Lopulta, lukuisten sovitusten ja suurennusten jälkeen, lantio ja helma ovat mekossani kokoa XXL. Käytin eri lankaa kuin ohjeessa, mutta silti M on minulle todella hyvä yläosasta, joten miten alaosan mitoitus on ohjeeseen oikein tehty?

Käytin 3.00 mm puikkoja ja Dropsin Cotton light lankaa värissä 05 Light pink. Rakastuin langan väriin todella paljon! Tämä mekko on täydellinen näin kevääksi ja kesäksi. Vaikka mekon neulominen onkin suuri projekti, suunnittelen tummempaa mekkoa käytettäväksi syksyllä ja talvella. Projekti Ravelryssä täällä.

Comments