Elizabeth Zimmermann 100th Anniversary Camping shawl

Last Christmas, my parents gifted me two skeins of the most beautiful fingering weight yarn from PetrichorYarns. The material, being 50% merino wool and 50% cotton, screamed that it would make the most perfect shawl. I rummaged through Ravelry, and the pattern I liked the most was the Elizabeth Zimmermann 100th Anniversary half-circle Camping shawl by Mwaa Knit.

This yarn was probably the softest one I have ever worked with, however it was not uncomfortably slippery on the needles. Combined with the pattern I chose, it felt like the shawl was knitting itself. The timestamps would show that I knit this shawl for 1.5 months, but in reality I was traveling for over a week in the middle of all and working on other projects as well. I would definitely recommend trying PetrichorYarns and picking up one of these anniversary shawls by Mwaa Knit! I may already have the next one on the needles...

I used 4.5 mm circular needles. Even though the pattern instructions advice to block the shawl intensively, I just mildly washed mine and spread it out to dry on my bathroom floor. I like the result of "blocking" shawls this way as I am not a fan of the pointy blocked edges in shawls. The details of the project are in Ravelry.

Viime vuonna sain joululahjaksi vanhemmiltani kaksi vyyhtiä aivan ihastuttavaa fingering-vahvuista lankaa PetrichorYarnsilta. Lanka on 50% merinovillaa ja 50% puuvillaa, joten se sopii erityisen hyvin huivilangaksi. Löysinkin Ravelrystä Mwaa Knitin Elizabeth Zimmermann vuosipäivähuivin ohjeen ja ihastuin siihen.

Osa merinovillalangoista on todella liukkaita puikoilla, mutta tämä lanka oli todella mukava neuloa. Lanka on ehdottomasti yksi pehmeimmistä, jota olen ikinä työstänyt. Lisäksi valitsemani huivin ohje oli niin hyvin kirjoitettu, että huivi tuntui suorastaan neulovan itse itseään. Päivämäärien mukaan olisin neulonut tätä huivia puolitoista kuukautta, mutta todellisuudessa olin tällä aikavälillä yli viikon matkoilla ja neuloin myös muita projektejani. Voin lämpimästi suositella kokeilemaan PetrichorYarnsin lankoja ja neulomaan näitä EZ vuosipäivähuiveja! Minulla saattaakin olla jo uusi versio puikoilla.....

Käytin 4.5 mm pyöröpuikkoja. Huivin ohjeessa opastetaan blokkaamaan huivi voimakkaasti, mutta minä vain pesin omani kevyesti ja levitin kuivumaan kylpyhuoneen lattialle. Tykkään nimittäin huivien jäävän pehmeiksi ja "pyöreiksi" tiukaksi blokattujen reunojen sijaan. Projektin yksityiskohdat löytyvät Ravelrystä.

Comments