Lace shawl for my sister

The final Christmas I finished was the lace shawl for my sister. I used the same yarn as in the shawl for my mother, but I used a different pattern. I found the pattern from Kotivinkki Parhaat sukat ja neuleet magazine. Based on the fine print on the side of the pattern, I am pretty confident this shawl is designed by Päivi Mäkinen, but I am not 100% sure as it is not directly mentioned in the pattern.

I used 3.0 mm needles with Drops Lace yarn. I was not the biggest fan of this yarn, when I knit my mother's shawl, but I think this is slowly growing on me. I quite like the feather light finish and delicate feel of this yarn! More pictures of the shawl are in my Ravelry project page.

Viimeinen joululahja, jonka sain valmiiksi, on pitsihuivi siskolleni. Käytin samaa lankaa kuin äitini pitsihuivissa, mutta käytin eri ohjetta. Käyttämäni ohje on Kotivinkin Parhaat sukat ja neuleet -lehdestä. Olen melko varma, että huivin on suunnitellut Päivi Mäkinen, koska nimi oli printattuna pienellä ohjeen reunassa, mutta en ole asiasta 100% varma, koska suunnittelijan nimeä ei ole suoraan ohjeessa mainittuna.

Käytin 3.00 mm puikkoja ja Drops Lace lankaa. Neuloessani pitsihuivia äidilleni en ollut kovin innoissani tästä langasta, mutta selkeästi pikkuhiljaa alan pitää tästä langasta. Sen höyhenenkevyt ja herkkä neuletulos onkin oikeastaan todella ihana! Enemmän kuvia huivista löytyy Ravelrystäni.

Comments