Chihuahua mittens

My sister has a chihuahua so what would be more fitting to her as a birthday gift than Chihuahua mittens by Lumi Karmitsa. I wanted to make sure the color of the dog would match her real dog, so I went to my local yarn shop Menita and walked around until I found the correct shade.

I used Schachenmayr Merino Extrafine 120 in colorways 103 and 114. The yarn feels extremely soft. I really enjoyed knitting with it. I used 3.00mm needles and followed the pattern without any modifications. The pattern has some long parts with just one color so it requires quite a lot of tying the yarn, but I do think the cuteness of the pattern is worth it! More details in my Ravelry project.

Siskollani on chihuahua, joten mikä olisikaan hänelle sopivampi syntymäpäivälahja kuin Lumi Karmitsan Chihuahua-lapaset. Halusin ehdottomasti lapasten koiran olevan samanvärinen kuin siskoni koira, joten kävin paikallisessa lankakaupassani Menitassa ja lopulta löysin sopivat sävyt.

Käytin Schachenmayr Merino Extrafine 120 -lankaa sävyissä 103 ja 114. Lanka tuntuu aivan uskomattoman pehmeältä. Käytin 3.00 mm puikkoja enkä tehnyt ohjeeseen mitään muutoksia. Ohjeessa on melko pitkiä langanjuoksuja, joten lankaa täytyy sitoa, mutta ohje on niin söpö että se ei oikeastaan haitannut minua! Lisää tietoa Ravelry-projektissani.

Comments