Wannabe Flax light

In the movie, Devil wears Prada, there is an outfit with a black sweater worn over a white blouse. Inspired by this outfit, I knit a short black sweater. On a nearly daily basis I wear high waisted midi skirts, so I wanted the sweater to cover only a few centimeters of the waistband of my skirts. Therefore, it truly ended up being cropped.


I'm very used to modifying patterns and since I wasn't able to find a ready pattern with the construction and my preferred fit, I decided to wing it. I took the starting stitches and the top-down construction from Flax light with no positive ease, but otherwise I heavily modified the pattern. I added short-rows in the back of the neck and divided the stitches for raglan increases so that I had slightly more for the sleeves. I like to have some more space around the sleeves, especially as I was planning to wear the sweater over a blouse. I made the raglan increases as instructed, but I decided the stopping point for them based on trying on the sweater rather than looking at the pattern. I added short row shaping to the back helm as well to make the back a little longer than the front. The sleeve decreases I again decided based on trying on the sweater.

I used Novita Baby merino yarn and 3.00 mm needles. More details on my Ravelry page

I am super happy with how this sweater turned out. I call it my wannabe Flax light, because it is so far from the original pattern. I very warmly recommend the Flax light either for actually following the pattern or as a basis for your own modified sweater!

Elokuvassa Paholainen pukeutuu Pradaan on eräs asu, jossa mustan neulepaidan alla on valkoinen paitapusero. Asusta inspiroituneena halusin neuloa itselleni mustan neulepaidan. Käytän korkeavyötäröisiä midihameita lähes päivittäin, joten halusin neulepaidan helman ulottuvan vain muutamia senttimetrejä hameiden vyötärönauhan päälle. Täten neulepaidasta tulikin todella cropattu.

Olen erittäin tottunut muokkamaan ohjeita enkä löytänyt mieleistäni ohjetta paidalle, joten lähdin muokkaamaan Flax light ohjetta. Otin ohjeesta aloitussilmukoiden määrän (valitsin koon ilman ylimääräistä tilaa) ja ylhäältä alas neulotun rakenteen. Niskaan tein ohjeesta poiketen lyhennettyjä kerroksia ja raglanlisäyksiä varten jaoin silmukat niin, että hihoihin tuli hieman enemmän silmukoita kuin ohjeessa. Tykkään siitä, että hihoissa on jonkin verran väljyyttä. Tämän paidan tapauksessa hihojen väljyys onkin erittäin tärkeää, kun tarkoituksena on käyttää tätä paitapuseron päällä. Tein raglanlisäykset ohjeen mukaisesti, mutta päätin lisäysten lopettamisesta sovituksen perusteella enkä ohjeen mukaan. Paidan takaosaan lisäsin myös helmaan lyhennettyjä kerroksia, jotta takaosasta tulee hieman pidempi kuin etuosasta. Hihojen kavennukset tein taas sovitusten perusteella.

Käytin Novitan Baby merino lankaa ja 3.00 mm puikkoja. Enemmän yksityiskohtia Ravelry-sivullani

Olen erittäin tyytyväinen paitaan. Annoin paidan nimeksi wannabe Flax light, koska muokkasin sitä niin paljon alkuperäisestä. Voin suositella lämpimästi Flax light ohjetta joko ohjeen oikeaan seuraamiseen tai muokkaamiseen!

Comments