Apple blossom sweater

I have some leftover Filcolana Arwetta yarn from the No frills cardigan, that I was originally planning to make with double-held yarn. In the Novita Spring 2019 magazine, the lace top of one of the sweaters intrigued me. Since the magazine is already a bit older, the pattern is available free online here (in English!).

The construction of the sweater is bottom-up seamless and since sleeves are always difficult for me, I decided to start by knitting the sleeves. This was an awesome decision!

The lace of the sweater is very beautiful, but for my style, the shape of the sweater was not fitting. Because of this, I made the sweater in my own measurements with waist shaping and much more open neckline than the original one. I also replicated one of the lace motifs one extra time to get more height into the raglan yoke. The one criticism I have, is that in the pattern the raglan decreases are not charted into the pattern. This means that one has to be able to modify the edges of the lace accordingly. I had no trouble in doing that, but I would not recommend this pattern to a beginner because of this issue.

I used Filcona Arwetta in color 245 and 2.5 mm needles. To the ribbing of the sleeves and bottom of body I added a very thin silver yarn (stellina which is spun in some yarns readily). I bought the silver yarn in my local yarn shop and unfortunately, I don't know the brand!

I am very happy with my new sweater! I still have some Arwetta in this color left in my stash, we will see what I come up with that! The Ravelry page of my sweater is here.

No frills -villatakistani jäi ylimääräistä Filcolana Arwettaa, koska alunperin tarkoituksenani oli tehdä villatakki kaksinkertaisesta langasta, mutta teinkin sen yksinkertaisesta. Novitan Kevät 2019 lehdessä oli neulepaita, jonka pitsiyläosaa ihailin. Tämä lehti on jo sen verran vanha, että ohje löytyy ilmaiseksi netistä täältä (suomeksi!).

Villapaita tehdään saumattomasti alhaalta ylöspäin, joten lähdin ensimmäisenä neulomaan hihoja. Tämä oli erinomainen päätös, koska hihamotivaatio on minulta usein poissa jos paidan vartalo on jo neulottu.

Vaikka villapaidan pitsi onkin todella kaunis, sen muoto ei oikein sovi tyyliini. Teinkin paidan omien mittojeni mukaisesti sisällyttäen mukaan vyötärömuotoilut ja avaramman pääntien. Kasvattaakseni raglanin pituutta, toistin yhden pitsikuvioista kaksi kertaa. Paidan ohje on muuten ihan hyvä, mutta pitsiosuuteen ei ole piirretty raglankavennuksia ja ne täytyy itse soveltaa. Tämä laskeminen ei ole kovin hankalaa, mutta tästä syystä en suosittele tätä ohjetta aloittelijoille.

Käytin Filcolana Arwetta lankaa värissä 245 ja 2.5 mm puikkoja. Hihansuiden ja vartalon ala-osan joustinneuleeseen lisäsin langan mukaan ohuen hopealangan (irtostellina). Ostin hopealangan paikallisesta lanka-kaupastani enkä valitettavasti tiedä sen merkkiä tms.

Olen erittäin tyytyväinen neulepaitaani. Minulla on vieläkin ylijäänyttä Arwettaa jonkin verran. Saa nähdä mitä siitä vielä keksin tehdä! Villapaidan Ravelry-projektisivu on täällä.

Comments