Hattara sweater

 


One of my goals for 2020 was to learn to knit brioche and I had in fact purchased the Hattara paita pattern and yarns for it already in the summer of 2020. However, it was the first days of 2021 when I finally decided to tackle this challenge but that's close enough! 

The pattern I chose was Hattara paita by Daria Virrankari. This pattern is written in such a clear and understandable way that I learned brioche based on the instructions in the pattern alone. Somehow I thought that brioche would be very complicated but turned out, it is rather simple. I warmly recommend to give it a try!

I used Gjestal Merino Baby Ull yarn on 3.00 mm needles. The pattern recommended a much bigger needle, but I reached gauge with this size. I only modified the patter so that I shortened the body to waist length and the sleeves to 3/4-length. I am very happy with these modifications because I wanted a short sweet sweater that would go well with high waist skirts which I wear on a daily basis. This sweater turned out just as I imagined! Super cute and matches skirts well! Raverly page of the project is here.

Yksi vuoden 2020 käsityötavoitteistani oli opetella neulomaan briossia. Jo kesällä 2020 ostin Hattara paidan ohjeen ja siihen sopivat langat. Elettiin kuitenkin jo vuoden 2021 ensimmäisiä päiviä, kun päätin vihdoin opetella briossin. Tavoite saavutettu tarpeeksi lähellä aiottua!

Hattara paita on Daria Virrankarin ohje. Ohje on kirjoitettu niin selkeästi ja ymmärrettävästi, että opin briossin suoraan ohjetta seuraamalla. Luulin, että briossi olisi todella monimutkainen tekniikka mutta kävi ilmi että se on oikeastaan melko helppoa! Suosittelen lämpimästi kokeilemaan sitä!

Käytin Gjestalin Merino Baby Ull lankaa 3.00 mm puikoilla. Ohjeessa suositellaan isompaa puikkokokoa, mutta saavutin ohjetiheyden tällä puikolla. Ainoa muokkaus mitä tein ohjeeseen oli vartalon lyhentäminen vyötärölle ja hihojen 3/4-pituuteen. Tein muokkaukset, jotta saisin paidasta söpön ja lyhyen käytettäväksi korkeavyötaröisten hameiden kaverina. Paidasta tuli juuri sellainen kuin mistä haaveilinkin! Erittäin söpö ja sopii hameideni kanssa erinomaisesti! Projektin Ravelry-sivu on täällä.

Comments