Mehikasvi


 

Usually, Novita magazine contains 1-2 patterns that interest me, but the Summer 2021 issue was full of ideas and patterns that caught my eye. The first one I cast on is a leaf-patterned shirt called Mehikasvi. I have been trying to use my own stash whenever possible and here too I was able to use the leftover Drops Cotton Light from my stash. Unfortunately, Cotton light does not have a strong twist and the yarn tends to break apart during knitting. The problem was very pronounced due to the stitches in the leaf pattern.

I used 3.00 mm needles and almost all of the Cotton Light I had in my stash. I made some modifications into the pattern. The most visible difference is the V-neckline instead of the higher round one. I like both neckline options, but I was running very low on yarn and V-neckline requires less yarn. I also switched the construction technique of the sleeve caps. In the original pattern, the sleeves are sewn on, but I prefer to pick up stitches and shape the sleeve cap with short rows. I learned this technique from Populuxe cardigan, which you can find here. 

Even though the knitting process with Cotton Light was not the most pleasant, I really like the outcome of this summer t-shirt. The pattern itself is quite nice and the overall leaf-pattern is a beautiful detail. You can find the Ravelry project page here

Novitan lehdessä on useimmiten 1-2 minua kiinnostavaa ohjetta, mutta Kesä 2021 numero oli suorastaan täynnä ideoita ja ohjeita, joista kiinnostuin. Ensimmäisenä aloitin tekemään Mehikasvi-paitaa. Olen pyrkinyt käyttämään lankoja omasta varastostani ostamisen sijaan ja tähän paitaan käytin Dropsin Cotton Light -lankaa, joka jäi yli mekon neulomisesta. Valitettavasti Cotton Lightissa ei ole kovin voimakas kierre ja lanka tahtoi säikeistyä koko ajan neuloessa. Ongelma oli erityisen paha pitsilehtikuvion vuoksi. 

Käytin 3.00 mm puikkoja ja sain käytettyä paitaan lähes kaiken Cotton Light -langan varastostani. Tein muutamia muutoksia alkuperäiseen ohjeeseen, josta näkyvin on korkean pyöreämmän pääntien vaihtaminen V-pääntiehen. Minulla oli melko rajallisesti lankaa jäljellä ja V-pääntiehen menee vähemmän lankaa kuin korkeaan pääntiehen, joten tämä valinta oli selkeä. Vaihdoin myös hihapyöriöiden neuletekniikan, koska alkuperäisessä ohjeessa hihapyöriöt ommellaan paikalleen mutta pidän enemmän hihapyöriöiden muotoilemista lyhennetyillä kerroksilla. Opin tämän tekniikan Populuxe-neuletakista, jonka ohje löytyy täältä. 

Vaikka neulominen Cotton Light -langalla ei kovin mukavaa ollut, pidän valmiista paidasta todella paljon. Myös ohje itsessään on hyvä ja paidan lehtikuvio on kaunis yksityiskohta. Projektin Ravelery-sivu on täällä.

Comments